André Onana is AFC Ajax player.
André Onana’s young age hasn’t been an obstacle to become the goalkeeper of a historic club like AFC Ajax . The young player from Cameroon has become the new idol of the Dutch crowd after arriving to the team on the 2015-16 season thanks to Frank de Boer.
After receiving a formation at Barcelona’s youth team and getting to La Masia in 2010, Onana chose to go to AFC Ajax and after arriving to the youth team on 2015, he became the goalkeeper as Jasper Cillessen went to Barcelona.
Very calm, confident when the ball is in the air, with great reflexes and a very sharp touch of ball, Onana is currently one of the most promising goalkeepers in the continent. On his first season as starting keeper in Ajax, his performance has been crucial for Ajax in the Europa League and in their fight for the League title.
Career as a player
- 2010-15. FC Barcelona
- FC Barcelona lower categories
- 2015-now. Ajax Amsterdam
- 2015-16. Ajax second team and first team
- 2016-17. Ajax first team. Eredivisie and Europa League debut. Europa League runner-up
- He debuted with the national team of Cameroon in September 2016 (friendly against Gabon)
- Goalkeeper with the least amount of goals conceded at the Eredivisie 2016-17 (20 goals conceded in 32 matches)
- Called by Cameroon for the 2017 Confederations Cup