David de Gea is a football player of Manchester United and Spanish National Team.
David de Gea is one of the Best goalkeepers in world football. At the age 19 he was already the holder of Atlético de Madrid goal, with whom he won the UEFA Europa League. After two fantastic seasons at Atlético, he signed for Manchester United, where he won the Premier League and has proven his qualities. He is on the TOP 5 list of United goalkeepers with the most amount of matches played.
In the season 2013-2014 he beat his own record, playing 52 games and that was the reason he recorded a special video to share with his fans. Besides, he was awarded with the Best Save in the Premier thanks to a spectacular save against Luis Suárez.
At the same time, he has been an international player with the Spanish national team since the Under 16 until Under 21, achieving 3 continental titles. With the absolut national team he debuted on June 7, 2014 (a friendly against El Salvador) and went to the 2014 & 2018 World Cup and the 2016 Eurocup, tournament in which he became the starting and permanent goalkeeper. David has triumphed in all inferior categories and now is the leader of the goal in the absolut national team of Spain, enlarging his track record.
The goalkeeper has become one of the most followed players in Spain. He has surpassed the number of 30 million followers and is on the Top-10 of the most followed national players.
Career as a player
- 2007-2009 Atlético de Madrid B
- 2007 U-17 European Champion.
- 2007 U-17 World Cup runners up.
- 2009-2011. Atlético de Madrid
- 2009. Official debut with Atlético de Madrid first team. (Champions League match, against Porto).
- 2010. Europa League Champion.
- 2010. UEFA Supercup Champion.
- 2011. U-21 European Champion.
- He played 84 official games with Atlético de Madrid (23 clean sheet).
- 2011-today. Manchester United
- 2011. Community Shield Champion (7th August, debut with Manchester United).
- 2013. Premier League Champion.
- 2013. Community Shield Champion.
- 2013. U-21 European Champion.
- 2016. FA Cup Champion.
- 2016. Community Shield Champion.
- 2017. EFL Cup Champion.
- 2017. Europa League Champion.
- 2007. Member of the bronze lineup of Fútbol Draft.
- 2008 – 2009. Member of the silver lineup of Fútbol Draft.
- 2009-2010. LFP Revelation player Award.
- 2010 – 2011. Member of the gold lineup of Fútbol Draft
- 2011. Gold medal to sports merit of Castilla – La Mancha (Adoptive son of the region since 2015)
- He won Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award in the seasons 2013-2014, 2014-2015 y 2015-2016.
- Best Premier League goalkeeper in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- 2018. Premier League Golden Glove.
- 2018. FIFA FIFPro World 11. Best goalkeeper.