Jeffren Suárez is a Grasshopper FC international footballer with the Venezuela National Team.
Jeffrén Suárez has a ‘Barca DNA’ and is currently defending the colours of Grashoppers, one of the most important clubs in Switzerland. The player from Venezuela with a Spanish passport is a product from La Masía, from where he got to Barcelona’s first team.
An international player with the inferior categories of Spain, with which he conquered an Under 19 European tournament next to players like Gerard Piqué and an Under 21 European with De Gea, Mata or Thiago, the Venezuelan winger is a quick player with great pace and dribbling ability in midfield.
After playing an official match at the orders of Guardiola in May 2009, Jeffrén was the author of Barça’s 5th goal in the historical 5-0 against Real Madrid at the Camp Nou in Nov 2010. That year he became the first Venezuelan player to lift a Champions League cup. In 2011 he abandoned Barcelona and went to Sporting Lisbon, Valladolid and the Belgian Eupen before reaching Switzerland.
Career as a player
- 2008-11 Barcelona
- Profesional debut Spanish League with Barcelona
- Europe Champion U-19 with Spanish Team (Poland 2006)
- Spanish League Champion 2008/2009
- Spanish Cup Champion 2008/2009
- Spanish Supercup Champion 2009
- European Supercup Champion 2009
- FIFA Teams World Cup Champion 2009
- Spanish League Champion 2009/2010
- Spanish Supercup Champion 2009/2010
- Champions League Champion 2010/2011
- Spanish League Champion 2010/2011
- Europe Champion U-21 with Spanish Team (Denmark 2011)1
- 2011-14 Sporting de Lisboa
- 2014-15 Valladolid
- 2015-2016 KAS Eupen
- 2017-now Grasshoppers FC