Nacho Fernández is a fottball coach.
Nacho Fernández has gone through all possible stages within a coaching staff before leaping to Japan, where he managed FC Ryukyu in 2022. Born in Gijón, he has trained, as a first or assistant manager, at clubs such as Pájara Playas, Getafe, Atlético and Burgos, where he also served as sports director until taking the step to the bench, achieving the salvation of the team.
In his career, he has been an analyst, scouting and assistant manager for professionals such as Anquela or Marcelino García Toral before becoming José Bordalás’ second. He has also trained Getafe and Valencia until 2022 when he accepts the offer from FC Ryukyu. At the start of this new international challenge, Nacho Fernández begins to work with ImagoSport. Since 2022, Nacho works as assistant coach at Getafe in La Liga.
Career as a coach
- 2007-08. Mazarrón CF – Coach
- 2008-09. UD Pájara Playas – Coach
- 2011. Academia Puerto Cabello – Coach
- 2011-15. AD Alcorcón – Coach assistant
- 2015-16. Alavés – Coach assistant
- 2017-18. Burgos CF – Sport manager and coach
- 2018-19. Getafe – Coach assistant
- 2020-21. Atlético B – Coach
- 2021-22. Valencia CF – Coach assistant
- 2022. FC Ryukyu – Coach
- 2023. Getafe CF – Coach assistant